Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Finally, technology I can use.

Do YOU want to rewind all these by hand?
Look what I found! Remember how it seems like yesterday that you would be renting a VHS from Blockbuster and it had the sticker with the ubiquitous slogan "Be kind, rewind?" Translated, that means "Don't be a jackass to the next yokel that rents this crappy movie." It was so well-known there was even a movie made with that title.

Then DVDs came along, and that slogan went right out the window. But that also means people stopped rewinding their DVDs! How are you supposed to watch that DVD or Blu-Ray you just RedBox'd if the jerk before you didn't rewind it? You'd have to rewind it by hand, and I can tell you that isn't easy.

Not anymore! I have discovered, at long last, the DVD Rewinder. Finally, an automated solution to the problem, much better than that online service that does it over the Internet. I'm just wondering what took them so long. Bask in the glow of the future, today!


(P.S. It's not real. Please don't buy this. There are no refunds of your money or your pride if you do)

10 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you put that disclaimer at the very end because I was about to buy one. I use to hate when people didn't rewind the movies. My parents had one of those fast r machines that would rewind them a little faster than doing it in the VCR

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have my VHS collection. Berenice, do you still use DVDs? I haven't used a DVD in about three to four years for the sake of watching movies. I thought about (years ago) converting all my VHS movies to digital format. I actually bought a device that would perform this feat, but because you have to play the VHS tapes in real-time to record to a digital format, this was a dumb idea. So long, collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have both vhs's and dvd's. I guess I am living in the dark ages. But I also know those frustrating days of renting movies, and not rewinding them when you are done. I also remember the video store charging extra because moves were not rewound.

      Mya Taylor

      Delete
  3. Ha Ha! DVD reminder, that's hilarious. I wounder how many people would actually fall for this?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie TheobaldApril 24, 2014 at 4:00 PM

    I always hated rented a VHS and having to rewind the movie. It would take so long that I would have to go do something else until the movie rewound and because I was not sitting there watching it rewind, I would have to fast-forward through the previews. Too much work to watch a movie. I really wonder how many have tried to purchase a DVD rewinder. It would make since to a lot of people who are not tech savvy and did not know that they do not have to be re-round.

    -stephanie theobald

    ReplyDelete
  5. As I was reading this I thought to myself: something like this can't possible exist! who would be so dumb to think they need this? This was a big step for technology. Going from having to rewind your movie for thirty minutes to just pressing a home button.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was a funny post to think I looked up the item and people have actually bought the product and wrote comments about it. Tisk Tisk sometimes I do not know what people are thinking now-a-days. I love how the DVD are made all you need to do is to pop it in your DVD player and presto.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just had to laugh at this one.. And laughed at your disclaimer... It was an interesting concept though. Thanks for posting!

    Ashley Brown

    ReplyDelete
  8. Took me a moment to realize that you were joking. Blog had me questioning if this was really real and it is sad hat people actually bought this. Funny article to say the least.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I can not believe that someone took their time and money to market such a product. I am not sure who I feel more sorry for, the guy who thought that this was a good idea and invented it, or the suckers who thought it was a good idea, and actually purchase one.

    ReplyDelete