Friday, March 28, 2014

Sounds from a coffee shop


Or lunch lounge or university food hall. Remember the white noise machine I posted a while back? Coffitivity.com is in the same vein as that, except instead of white noise it presents background noise to simulate being in one of the places mentioned above. So there will be the gray noise of chatter, clinking glasses, laughter, and other appropriate ambient sounds. Like white noise, it's supposedly able to help you concentrate on whatever it is you're trying to do. Now you don't have to put up with those pretentious latte-drinking socialites at Starbucks, you can just stay home, make your own coffee, and do whatever you were going to do anyway! Maybe that's not as fun as it sounds.

4 comments:

  1. Amazingly enough I kind of like the coffee house white noise. I have had it on for a few moments, and am still listening while I type. I thought it would be a distraction, but it really isn't. I don't drink coffee or go to Starbucks, but it reminds me of sitting at a breakfast counter at a small diner. f I close my eyes I could be at the Coffee Cup in Boulder City having breakfast. I LIKE IT : ) It amazes me how people get these ideas. I know it is based on research, but still the creation of this website was a unique idea. Cheers : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my opinion, Starbucks makes the worst coffee I have ever tasted…ever. To this day, I am still shocked to see the drive thru line wrapped around the building when I pass the Starbucks on the way to work. Having said that, there are no other coffee shops near my house, so sometimes I reluctantly go there to study and drink tea. I seem to be more productive while I am at the coffee shop but I did not consider the sounds to be a factor. I just thought it was mainly because I wasn’t so distracted by things at my house. I will try listening to this while I study at home and see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The coffee at Starbucks for me is too strong, unless its a frappaccno or something like that, but honestly I have never had to go anywhere to get focused or to study. I know when you need background noise though. When II study, or do any sort of hobby or craft, I nee one of my tv shows on.

      Mya Taylor

      Delete
  3. My days are full of noise. I look forward to the late nights and early mornings of peace and quiet while the kids are still sleeping. When I can get peace and quiet I appreciate it and am not looking for background noise. I don't have a choice but to get things done under whatever circumstances there may be. But I do feel that I am most productive when I'm alone and it's quiet. I would never use this.

    ReplyDelete