Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

And Hanukkah too, if you celebrate that. The two holidays coinciding won't happen again for 70,000 years! If you're celebrating the Festival of Lights and feeling especially techie, there are some surprising tech alternatives to a traditional Menorah. Consider the circuit board Menorah, for example:


Or perhaps you would just prefer a Menorah app:


Or just go for broke, and have a robot do the whole thing for you!


But what about Thanksgiving? If you're in space, you get to have a freeze-dried celebration! Me, I think that would be perfectly fine, seeing as you're enjoying it IN SPACE! Here's more info about the specifics of the foodstuffs that astronauts use to celebrate liberating the Earth from martians.

Thanksgiving.....In..........SPAAAACE!



5 comments:

  1. OK, doesn't this take away from the meaning of the holiday? Like being thankful and worshiping the re-dedication of the Temple...I'm not Jewish, so please someone correct me if I'm way off base. It removes the personal side from the holiday by going super techie...like the app and the robot lighting the candles. But who am I to judge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate the creativity of the Hanukkah tech! Anything to keep it creative. I personally admire those with the ingenuity to create products to try and make it. The Hanukkah app was definitely creative. If only you could "blow" the candles out on the screen. Oh, and Freeze Dried Thanksgiving sounds absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember as a child my family gathering around the Menorah and lighting the candles. Now as a adult I was over at my mothers house for Thanksgiving and her Menorah was this thing that you plugged in and screwed in bulbs for each night of the lighting of the candles. I agree that the holiday has gone to techolocical for the holiday. This is one thing that does not need improvement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a sign of things to come. I would prefer a human touch for as long as possible hopefully. This will will be like a million years down the line.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Menorah app is very nifty and the robot is just unnecessary. It's my opinion that there shouldn't be any substitutions when it comes to tradition in religion. It takes away from the spiritual aspect.

    ReplyDelete