Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Welcome!


Welcome to IS301! As you should know by now, this is the blog to which I make posts about all aspects of technology, whether it be regarding its impact on society or us as individuals, how technology is used in businessroboticssecuritymobile technologylawpolicyprostheticshistory (this deserves its own post, I love seeing early predictions of what today would be like), ethical use of technologyanything technology related is fair game.
I used to use this Blogger platform here at is301fornsc.blogspot.com, but you knew that because you're here now. Now, however, I have transitioned to the Wordpress platform, with the website located at is301atnsc.wordpress.com. I have been making dual posts to both sites because the Blogger site has so many followers, so I will likely continue to make dual posts to both sites while I use this summer class to determine which platform is ultimately better as an educational tool. It is the Wordpress site that will be used for comments and guest posts for the summer session, however. If it is successful, I will most likely give it its own domain (www.is301atnsc.com or something like it) which will give me much more flexibility.
You will need to register with Wordpress in order to make comments on posts, which is a requirement of the class as laid out in the syllabus. I will talk more about it in class, and I will also allow students to make guest posts for a little extra credit (not too much!).
Beyond that, if there is something you feel is interesting - a news story, a personal experience, if you have a question or would like more clarification about something related to technology, let me know I will be more than happy to consider making a post about it.
You'll learn a lot through this blog. You'll be surprised!

No comments:

Post a Comment