Thursday, December 5, 2013

This is what it's come to.

Remember writing Christmas lists? You have a list, sometimes a really long list, but there's stuff you want! You write it all down, or word process it (although it's nice to know that in the future, robot Santa still uses a scroll and parchment), and send it off.


But we can also assume that Santa has a sizable enterprise-wide back end with distributed front-end processing for all his elves, right? If he wants to keep up and be able to continuously distribute gifts to all the good boys and girls, and a few adults as well, he needs to computerize. And that's exactly what this kid is assuming. I think it's a safe assumption, and I have to give him credit for writing all that out! A regular list would have been easier.


10 comments:

  1. That is absolutely perfect. I give the kid credit as well. Looking at the way lists are going though and the ever-present technology takeover that we are experiencing, I actually think Christmas is going to be a bit slim this year as the elves are most likely working on building some amazon.com delivery drones so Santa can retire the sleigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least the kid is very specific on his Christmas list! Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would place a hyperlink on a flashdrive and mail it along with the christmas list. If his email address was readily available, send him a .pdf of the item.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This pretty funny,kids are so smart now a days. I cant believe a kid actually wrote the whole thing out. They will stop at nothing to get what they want. I wonder what their parents thought about this! Since the kid wrote this out its only right that he deserves what he is asking for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, the kid wanted to make sure Santa didn't make any mistakes and give him the wrong thing! That's classic, only with Generation Y2K!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post had me cracking out! This kid made it very specific for mom and dad. Do kids still even write lists? I don't know, I stopped believing in Santa when I was 13. I'm seriously wondering what that URL pulls up to, hopefully nothing from Futurama.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is something that I thought I would never see. Ultimately, I think this just serves as a sign of the times that we live in now. After thinking about it, it is much more convenient to shop online than it is in the stores for a few reasons. For example, you can do it from the comfort of your own home, don't have to worry about the retail location not having exactly what you're looking for, and can shop around for the cheapest price. I give this kid props!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How funny. This is a clear indication to where the future years are headed. Communication will be in the form of website addresses. I think eventually Santa will be a thing of the past because having a robotic santa losses that personal touch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is very funny. Just this past Christmas I did the same thing in my lists to my family. I wrote the urls out on paper so they can find the right product. Sabrina DiBlasi

    ReplyDelete